International PCS Movers for the U.S. Military
Life in the military can take you all over the world. Stevens International has the tools and the skilled staff to get you anywhere you need to go overseas.
With decades of experience, we are a leader in international military moves. So, whether you’re on temporary relocation at a new station or you have PCS orders, our dedicated staff ensures an exceptional moving experience for you and your family.
Certified PCS Military Movers
Stevens International Forwarding is a special division of Stevens Moving, Inc. We are specifically designated to handle all international moves for military and DOD members. Stevens International is FAIM 3.0 and ISO 9001 certified, and we are one of the many reasons why the Stevens brand is a trusted and preferred name in both military moving and international moving.
We have experience with single military service member moving as well as military spouse and family moving.
Stevens International Forwarding offers comprehensive international military moving services:
- Real-Time Shipment Tracking: The Stevens app provides real-time information about the status of your shipment.
- Safety and Quality Compliance: Safety and customer services are synonymous with the Stevens brand. All services and transportation are compliant with DOT regulations.
- Personnel Certifications: All Stevens personnel involved in moving at your on-base home are background-checked
- International Shipping: Providing door-to-door PCS shipping anywhere in the world with our international moving network.
- GSA-Approved Movers: Stevens is a Government Service Administration (GSA) approved service provider.
Personal Procurement Move Information
How to Choose Stevens International.
The U.S. Military provides the ability for all service members to arrange their own moves if they choose. This is known as Personal Procurement Moving (PPM) or Do It Yourself moving (DITY moving).
The military movers at Stevens International are your first-choice, so here’s what you need to know about arranging your Personal Procurement Move (PPM).
If you want the PCS movers of your choice to handle the details of your move, you will have to request a PPM from the Personal Property Transportation Office on your base.
PPM moving is often the best choice for single military members and military spouses with small families and few belongings. But PPMs aren’t just for small households. A PPM is also a great choice for those service members who want greater control over the outcome of their move.
Having greater control of the logistics of your move is an opportunity to keep costs in check, know the company who is moving your belongings and ensure that your military spouse and family are in the best hands.
If you are planning a PPM or DITY move, there can be complications. Here is the stuff to learn:
- All PPMs must be pre-approved. Meet with staff at the PTO after you receive your PCS orders for all of the proper paperwork.
- For your PPM, your total move reimbursement will be up to 95% of what the transportation office on base estimates after you submit a weight of the items you are moving. These are known as “weight tickets,” and you will need to provide a loaded weight and an empty weight for your shipment even if you are hiring a moving company.
- Save all the receipts from your move, including all travel expenses and the bill of lading on the delivery of your PCS shipment. Generally, the purchase of goods that are reusable after your move are not covered in your moving expenses and may be taxable. Refer to IRS rules for more detailed information.
- After your move, gather your moving records and expense sheet to submit your personal procurement move for reimbursement.
It’s that easy! Whether you’re receiving your temporary or permanent change of station orders, moving your military family is easy with Stevens International Forwarding.
Military PCS Moving with Stevens International Forwarding
Whether you’re moving through the government or planning your own DITY move, Stevens International offers the best service to members of all branches of the U.S. Military. We have all the great tips and tricks to help you and your family make it through your next move.
Contact us today for more information about PCS moving, PPMs, DITY moving or to get your free moving quote today. Just fill out the form on this page to begin or simply call (260) 244-7004.