7 Tips to Help You Choose the Best International Moving Company
So, you have a job or maybe a dream that is relocating you to a new country. Whether you’re looking forward to being in your new area or dreading the move, hiring an international moving company should be a top priority. But with an infinite number of options, how can you choose the best provider for your international move?
To help you avoid the headache of tirelessly searching for a reputable company and the heartache of lost or broken items, Stevens International Forwarding has compiled a cheat sheet to finding the right provider. Take a look below and see our 7 tips to help you choose the best international moving company for your needs.
How to Choose the Best International Moving Company
- Start Early
- Moving internationally is a much larger undertaking than a domestic or local move, sometimes needing multiple weeks or months to plan out fully. We recommend giving yourself plenty of time to determine what your needs are, research the location you’re moving to and find a trustworthy company to help you move.
- Reliability and Reviews
- When looking for international movers, seek out companies with solid reviews and great recommendations. Whether its extra packing and loading time or an additional mover on hand, these companies have gone above and beyond for their clients and will likely do the same for you!
- Get Multiple Estimates
- Along with starting your search early, getting multiple quotes for international moving services is incredibly important. Different moving companies charge for different services and others include things within certain packages. By doing your due diligence, you’ll be certain to get the best rate for your international relocation.
- Experience with Customs
- Your mover must have experience getting customs clearance since a big part of your relocation will be spent navigating customs. The last thing you want to happen is your sofa or a family heirloom to get held up for days or even months. An international moving company should know how to get your items released and on their way to your new home in a timely manner.
- Service Time for your Move
- As you search for the right international mover, be sure to ask about service time. Giving them your move date and any additional information you can, will allow them to provide you with the most accurate moving timeline. Knowing if they’re going to be able to deliver your items when you need them is crucial for an international move.
- Any Additional Services or Benefits They Provide
- Getting everything you can to ensure a smooth move not only provides you peace of mind, and a company that includes little touches in their international moving costs is likely to be one with great reviews. Always ask if they include any additional services or what benefits they can extend to you as a customer with an international move.
- Ask About Licensing and Insurance
- Make sure your possessions are in good hands! Qualified international moving companies will always be licensed and insured to protect your stuff, should something happen during your move.